Lindy’s Stamp Gang Colour Challenge – July 2014
I was looking around the blogosphere the other day and came across the July Colour Challenge from Lindy’s Stamp Gang. Those of you who visit my store or attend my classes will know that I love Lindy’s products, and they feature in nearly everything I create and teach. So with a little creative time up my sleeve I have used the challenge and a photograph that is nearly eight years old, and very precious to our family.
The photograph was taken when Noah was just over five weeks old and still so very tiny. He still looked like a newborn and wasn’t doing particularly well yet either.
So what have I done in the way of Mixed Media techniques to this layout – or what haven’t I done is more to the point – and here is the list (noting that I dried it with a heat tool between each step/colour):
- Misted with water and Lindy’s Mists for a watercolour softness
- Collaged paper strips to background with Matte Medium
- Spread Super Heavy Gesso randomly over background and collaged area with a palette knife
- Misted with water and Lindy’s Mists for a watercolour softness – AGAIN
- Flicked Lindy’s Mists over background – concentrating on areas already misted
- Stamped and embossed doilies with Lindy’s Embossing Powder and Versamark Inkpad
- Stamped edges with Archival Ink and background stamps
- Applied Lindy’s Flat Shot mixed with Light Molding Paste through a mask
- Used Lindy’s Embossing Powder and Versamark Inkpad on Chevron paper to change colour
- Used Lindy’s Embossing Powder and Versamark Inkpad on chipboard title to change colour
- Misted some flowers with Lindy’s Mist to change colour
- Coloured gauze with Lindy’s Mist and water
- Painted diecut leaf sprigs with Lindy’s Magicals and water
- Inked all papers with Prima Chalk Edger
I have also done some die-cutting and fussy cutting to help with the layers and texture of my flower cluster. I couldn’t help myself, and well I had the time due to the rest of the layout coming together very quickly considering the number of steps/layers.
The thing I love most about this layout has to be the freshness of the colour scheme, even with so many colours – a few of which are complements.
Needless to say my hands were pretty messy by the time I finished creating this layout. I am sure our next baby is going to possibly be born with paint on their hands.
This is the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Colour Challenge for July that I fell in love with and used for my layout:
Products I have used:
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Mists – Queen of Hearts Red (Flat Fabio), Azure Sea Asters, Golden Sleigh Bells, Rusty Lantern Lime, Blue Hawaiian Blue, Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powders – Scotch Broom Yellow, Morning Glory Azure, Madonna Robe Blue Gold, Bougainvillea Red Teal
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Rusty Lantern Lime, Blue Hawaiian Blue
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Flat Shot Tilt-a-Wheel Teal
Prima Flowers, Chalk Edger (Turquoise Stone), Patterned Paper (Stationers Desk Captured Drama) and Background Stamps (used on edges)
Kaiser Patterned Papers – Be-YOU-tiful (Splendid), Bow & Arrow (Sunrise, Chevron)
Bo Bunny Doily Stamp
Archival Jet Black Inkpad
Crafters Workshop 6×6 Circles Mask/Template
La-La Land Berry Flourish Die
FabScraps Chipboard Title
Zig Mangaka 08 Black Pen
Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso
Golden Matte Medium and Light Molding Paste
Gauze (from the Chemist)
Happy Creating and have a wonderful day