Hi everyone and welcome to my post today where I am going to be sharing with you a lovely layout I have created that features two of everyone’s favourite things – Butterflies & Foil.
I have started my layout by die-cutting a huge pile of Butterflies from Diecut’N Bond that I had folded over on itself so that I had double-sided sticky Butterflies. Due to the intricate nature of the Die, I used this was a slow process – and if I am truly honest Naomi-Jon cut them for me and she wasn’t very happy about the mess or the difficulty in getting the little sticky bits out of the Die.
I then stuck the Butterflies on the background before using scraps of foil (I have a whole tub of them) to foil them randomly. I find that choosing a foil colour (Gold Iridescent Squares) as the finishing colour helps – and this finishing only involves burnishing the foil onto the Butterflies so that any gaps of adhesive are coated.
I sprayed and flicked some mists over the Foiled Butterflies before adding the photograph, embellishments and the “Special” Title I die-cut from Gold Mirror Foil Board using one of the new Delightful Sentiments Cut, Foil & Emboss Dies – Yes I used a Foil Die as a Cutting Die, because they produce the most beautiful embossed finishes.
Happy Creating and have a Wonderful Day
Couture Creations products used:
- CO725695 Heat Activated Foil – Champagne
- CO725357 Heat Activated Foil – Gold Iridescent Square Pattern
- CO726050 Heat Activated Foil – Cyan Iridescent Triangular Pattern
- CO725407 A4 Mirror Foil Board – Matte Gold Lines
- Butterfly Garden Butterflies Mini Die
- ULT157644 Diecut’N Bond
- ULT200034 12×12 Cardstock – Cressida
- ULT200086 12×12 Cardstock – Royal
- ULT200001 12×12 Cardstock – Snow White
- CO726966 Delightful Sentiments Cut, Foil & Emboss Die – Special