Steampunk Cards

So as promised yesterday evening I created a simple masterboard with the new Darkroom Door Steampunk stamp set that has been hanging around my desk for a week or so.  I used masculine colours and kept to a masculine theme….and I decided to use the same two card designs again.  Yes, I have challenged myself to re-use a design (or two) and I have managed to achieve it to a degree.

Both cards use sponged Distress Inks for the background (Rusty Hinge, Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Scattered Straw and Frayed Burlap); are stamp with Darkroom Door Steampunk stamps and a Tim Holtz Grunge background stamp with Jet Black Archival, Barn Door Distress, Rusty Hinge Distress and Starlight Silver Brilliance Inks; are edged with Graphite Black Brillance Ink; are created with Bazzill cardstocks; have Glossy Accents added; and have Tim Holtz filmstrip attached with Tim Holtz tiny attacher staples.

This first card also includes a Kaiser rubon and some gears cut using an old Ellison slim die.

This second card also includes some Tim Holtz tissue tape, a Collections number punched out and coloured, some Collections wordstrip torn out and coloured and a Making Memories brad coloured with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink straight from the bottle.

Now this has all got me thinking about that pile of Darkroom Door stamp sets I own and what each would look like if I used these same two designs and simple masterboard technique.  We will see how I go, and I’m not promising to complete a card set a day because I haven’t created anything today…unless paperwork and filing count.

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: